So I decided after the last pair of two-at-a-time socks to give another pair a try. Some of the patterns go against my “OCD” nature to adjust for the two-at-a-time. I matched the socks beautifully, or so I thought. When it became apparent that there was a repeat in the color way that I wasn’t aware of and the medium size was working up larger than I liked, I frogged it. Well, starting fresh and trying to match the color way was incredibly annoying but I did it.
It obviously didn’t work and is making me go insane. I am a seasoned enough knitter that even my husband understands to get the matching dye lot so there is no contrast. I have checked and rechecked and the dye lots match. So I am just going to knit these socks to unmatch. I am still frustrated.